IDEA35, 6 credits, G1 (First Cycle)
Valid for: 2012/13
Decided by: Education Board 3
Date of Decision: 2012-04-13
Main field: Technology.
Compulsory for: MD2
Language of instruction: The course will be given in Swedish
The aim of the course is to practice the essential techniques
for the design process and the ability to be able to present a
design concept. The aim is furthermore to give a firm understanding
for the relation shape/technique/material on the basis of a
contemporary industrial design context.
Knowledge and understanding
For a passing grade the student must
- Present a design concept of a smaller product with the aid of
accomplished sketches done on free-hand and the assistance of
- With a certain amount of guidance build a compound model of
presentation regarding corresponding design concept including
graphic art of products. The precision corresponds to some 1/10
- The course starts with a general review of modern industrial
- Sketching and 2D techniques are introduced and practiced.
- The training in engineering workshop is increased with special
techniques for model building. Graphical design is introduced and
trained with the emphasis on production graphic.
- After general reviews of theory and knowledge the course is
based on the training of the student on its own of different
stages in the operation under guidance.
Grading scale: TH
Assessment: The grades awarded range from 5 to 3 wherein 3 equals "passed", depending on participation and completion of exercises.
The number of participants is limited to: No
The course overlaps following course/s: IDE180, idea01
- Wim Muller: Order and meaning in Design, Lemma, ISBN 90 5189 6298.
- Andersson, N: Skissteknik. En Handbok i visualisering av designförslag, Umeå.
- Andersson, N: Perspektivlära, Umeå.
Contact and other information
Course coordinator: Karl-Axel Andersson, Karl-Axel.Andersson@design.lth.se
Course homepage: http://www.industridesign.lth.se