|INDUSTRIAL DESIGN PROJECT III||IDEN25|
- Advanced deliberation of the selected topic.
- Execute an extensive industrial design project, if feasible in a small team.
- Collaborate with other faculties of Lund University and/or external partners if necessary.
- Further develop analytical and critical thinking; aesthetic skills as well as individual means of expression.
Knowledge and understanding
For a passing grade the student must
- Demonstrate the ability to write a briefing, set up a project plan and monitor progress; effectively conducting a complete design process from concept generation to final presentation, adjusting the projects path if necessary.
- Demonstrate the ability to conduct advanced research, evaluate and reflect the findings within the framework of the selected topic, effectively summarising and discussing the results.
- Based on the knowledge and experience gained in the Industrial Design Project II, students master their chosen topic theoretically and practically.
- Students are required to develop an advanced design strategy to realise a concept (product, service or method) within the framework set by their chosen topic; delineated with a complementary research paper or substantial essay.
- Engaged and critical reflection of the current discourse in relation to the selected topic.
- The outcome, whether as physical 3D prototype and/or 3D simulation or immaterial, must be presented orally, visually and in writing also debating the process employed, issues encountered and questions raised.
- 1. Form & Technology specific
o Development of conceptual products and processes for digital fabrication with traditional and advanced materials and their practical implementation.
o Experimentation with the aesthetic and functional opportunities, also in relation to digital mass one-off fabrication and new modes of entrepreneurship.
- 2. Living & Behaviour specific
o Development of strategies and concepts for products and services.
o Experimentation with approaches relating to societal developments and novel brand strategies, as well as their implementation.
- 3. Man & Nature specific
o Development of strategies and/or policies for changing the designing of products and services on a systemic level.
o Experimentation with novel approaches for sustainable development strategies and their practical implementation.
To be chosen out of the theme of the project.