- Improve basic 3D modelling and rendering skills.
- Introduce advanced 3D modelling and rendering techniques.
- Provide an outlook to non-standard and open-source software.
Knowledge and understanding
For a passing grade the student must
- Demonstrate the awareness of existing and emergent 3D workflows in terms of simulation (software), analysis (feasibility) and realisation (production).
- Demonstrate the competence to evaluate the applicability and interoperability in mixed software environments.
- Advanced modelling: Autodesk Alias Automotive and, if necessary Robert McNeel & Associates Rhino/Grasshopper, ParaCloud GEM, Texas A&M University Visualization Laboratory TopMod3D, etc.
- Advanced rendering: Bunkspeed shot and/or Next Limit Technologies Maxwell Render.
- Outputting for digital fabrication technologies such as metal and plastics rapid prototyping, CNC-laser-cutting, -bending and milling.
and, if necessary
- Manufacturers online documentations, discussion forums and newsgroups.