|INDUSTRIAL DESIGN PROJECT II||IDEN10|
- Concentrate in depth on the selected topic.
- Execute an industrial design project, if feasible in a small team.
- Collaborate with other faculties of Lund University and/or external partners if necessary.
- Further develop analytical and critical thinking; aesthetic skills as well as individual means of expression.
Knowledge and understanding
For a passing grade the student must
- Demonstrate the ability to write a briefing on a professional level, set up a project
plan and monitor progress; effectively conducting a complete design process from
concept generation to final presentation, adjusting the projects path if necessary.
- Demonstrate the ability to conduct in-depth research and reflect on the findings
within the framework of the selected topic, effectively summarising and discussing
- Based on the knowledge and experience gained in the Industrial Design Project I, students progress in applying themselves theoretically and practically to their chosen topic.
- Students are required to develop an in-depth design strategy to realise a concept (product or service) within the framework set by their chosen topic; delineated with a complementary analytical paper.
- The outcome, whether as physical 3D prototype and/or 3D simulation or immaterial, must be presented orally, visually and in writing also debating the process employed and issues encountered.
- 1. Form & Technology specific
o Investigations into emerging technologies and their relevance for designing.
o Analysis of the aesthetic, performative and economic potential of novel processes in connection to digital fabrication.
- 2. Living & Behaviour specific
o Investigations into the socio-economic interdependencies in diverse markets.
o Analysis of the cultural aspects of design and development of corresponding scenarios and actions.
- 3. Man & Nature specific
o Investigations into the systemic factors that are shaping the human enterprise.
o Analysis and discussion of the obstacles and possible inroads for change.
To be chosen due to the theme of the project.