|INDUSTRIAL DESIGN PROJECT I||IDEN05|
- Learn to focus on the selected topic.
- Execute an industrial design project, if feasible in a small team.
- Collaborate with other faculties of Lund University and/or external partners if necessary.
- Further develop analytical and aesthetic skills as well as individual means of expression.
Knowledge and understanding
For a passing grade the student must
- Demonstrate the ability to write a briefing, set up a project plan and monitor progress; effectively conducting a complete design process from concept generation to final presentation, adjusting the projects path if necessary.
- Demonstrate the ability to conduct basic research within the framework of the selected topic, effectively summarising and discussing the results.
- Based on the introductory and comparative overview provided in the Introduction and Phasing-in period, students begin to acquaint themselves theoretically and practically with their chosen topic.
- Students are required to develop a basic design strategy to realise a concept (product) within the framework set by their chosen topic; delineated with a complementary essay.
- The outcome, whether as physical 3D prototype and/or 3D simulation, must be presented orally, visually and in writing also debating the process employed.
- 1. Form & Technology specific
o Overview of design methods and processes in respect to nature, mathematics and the natural sciences.
o Understanding the aesthetic and performative potential of these methods and processes.
- 2. Living & Behaviour specific
o Overview of societal developments and shifts in peoples motivations and actions.
o Understanding corporate economic motives and brand related design drivers.
- 3. Man & Nature specific
o Overview of the human impact on the Earths systems by the use of natural resources.
o Understanding of the status quo with regards to the interlinked environmental and economic discussion.
will be handed out after the students´choice of thematic repertoire.