- Familiarise the students with each other, the staff and the facilities as well as the specific possibilities of studying in a full-faculty university environment.
- Introduce the three general topics of study: 1. Form & Technology, 2. Living & Behaviour and 3. Man & Nature.
- Raise awareness for the relation between the three topics of study and their importance in industrial design.
- Develop an understanding that sustainable as well as moral and ethical considerations must be at the root of any industrial design project.
Knowledge and understanding
For a passing grade the student must
- Demonstrate the ability to plan and work individually as well as in a small team.
- Students are required to develop a product, service or write a topical essay.
- The projects will be taught in form of a number of small projects and/or workshops.
for the master education will be handed out as soon as the students have chosen their thematic repertoire.