|GENETICS AND MICROBIOLOGY||TEK012|
- Patterns of inheritance, meiosis and mechanisms of sex determination.
- Recombination, genetic mapping and chromosome analysis.
- Transfer of genetic material between bacteria.
- Genome organisation in different kinds of organisms.
- Mutations and DNA repair.
- Gene expression and its regulation in different kinds of organisms.
- Developmental genetics, immunogenetics and cytoplasmic inheritance.
- Mobile DNA elements.
- DNA technology and bioinformatics.
- Genetically modified organisms and applications of DNA technology.
- Clinical genetics.
- Population genetics.
- Evolution and phylogeny.
According to a reading list determined by the department. This list will be available at least five weeks before the start of the course.